Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 9-Back in the Saddle

After a sick day Monday which contributed to my first missed workout, I couldn't stop thinking about cycling (for more info, click here-http://zedehkay.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-motivates-me-to-ride.html) So, Wednesday, I was back on the bike and feeling great. I have steered clear from commuting on my bike throughout the whole challenge, up until this point for concern of burning muscle or over training but it was worth a try and it has worked so far, dropping 1% of body fat in the last week while maintaining my scale weight. So I will continue to commute on my bike as it is my preference. I am getting noticeably stronger through the chest and arms as well as the legs. My new pants that I bought a couple of weeks back are now too big in the waist, it ought be a challenge attempting to find a 30-34 pant as the smaller your waist is apparently the shorter your legs are supposed to be. It's sickening to know that a few years back when my waist was larger than my inseam, it was easier to find pants but I guess that in the United States of McDonalds, retailers have to cater to the majority in order to turn a profit. Oh well, it's a small price to pay. If I have to order my pants online at least my risk of a heart attack is lower. Until next week...

Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing a great job Frenchie! Don't forget to wear the inverted Leprechaun codpiece on Monday.

BPP