Monday, March 3, 2008

Week 8- Rising up


Wow, has it really been 8 weeks? So, on Friday I finished my workout with shoulders, listening to "Eye of the Tiger" and I walked out of the gym looking for Clubber Lang and I assure you that at that one point in time, I could've taken him! I finished off the week sore after a not so hot leg workout on my less than efficient weights at home just prior to assembling a wooden play structure for the young 'uns, which only took 8 hours. Saturday I woke up with sore biceps and even more sore hamstrings at which point I decided it would be a good idea to sit out my scheduled run but being the stubborn one that I am decided that I would fill my ever increasing cycling void by doing my cardio on the bike. Ummmm ya, that did my legs no justice but I gave it all I could and despite sore legs, in the end it was worth it, so much that after a good scrub down (the bike, not me) I have decided that once my legs are back to 100% I would be commuting on the human powered hot rod once again. The looming talk of $4 a gallon gas prices helped with that decision but only a little. The whole family has been sick, myself included, but I have still managed to stay on the wagon here. We'll see what week 9 brings. I think that I have just about covered everything for this past week and have not really tried any new food so until next week...

No comments: